EAI is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience
for attendees and a successful course of the event.
EAI is committed to holding the conference in 2020 and Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given
an option to present their submission online. In case the situation prevents the event from taking place in its original location,
it will be held fully in an interactive, live online setting. Find out what EAI conference live streams look like and discover unique benefits
that online participation brings you: Learn more
Accepted Authors will be notified about the final decision regarding the conference setting before the Camera-ready deadline.
The annual International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks (AdHocNets) focuses on ad hoc networking technologies and their applications. An ad hoc network is a wireless system, in which mobile or static nodes are connected using wireless links and cooperate to self-organize into a network without the requirement for any infrastructure such as access points or base stations. In recent years, ad hoc networks have been attracting increased attention from the research and engineering communities.
The distributed and multi-hop nature of ad hoc networking as well as the highly dynamic topology of an ad hoc network due to node mobility has introduced many formidable challenges such as scalability, quality of service, reliability and security, and energy-constrained operations for the network. Ad hoc networking covers a variety of network paradigms including mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs), wireless sensor networks (WSNs), vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs), airborne networks, underwater networks, underground networks, personal area networks, and home networks, etc. It promises a wide range of applications in civilian, commercial, and military areas.
The aim of the annual AdHocNets conference is to provide a forum that brings together researchers and engineers from academia, government laboratories as well as industry to meet, network, exchange ideas and present their recent research work, and discuss future directions on all aspects of ad hoc networks. Following the success of ADHOCNETS’09-19, the 12th edition of the event, ADHOCNETS 2020, will be held in virtually from Paris Saclay. The conference will consist of keynote speeches, invited talks, and technical sessions.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
The conference solicits original technical papers that were not previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Papers should address technical challenges in any type of ad-hoc networks. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Mobile ad hoc networks (MANET)
- Vehicle ad hoc networks (VANET)
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) networks
- Wireless sensor networks
- Airborne networks
- Underwater networks
- Underground networks
- Personal area networks
- Body area networks
- Home networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Network architectural and protocol design
- MAC, routing, and transport protocols
- Resource allocation and management
- Network control and management
- Power control and management
- Topology control and management
- Quality of service (QoS) provisioning
- Service discovery
- Ranging and node localization
- Time synchronization
- Data aggregation
- Network scalability and capacity
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Security and privacy
- Low-power wide-area IoT networking
- Massive machine connections for IoT
- Middleware for ad hoc networks
- Cross-layer design for ad hoc networks
- Software-defined networking for ad hoc networks
- Network function virtualization for ad hoc networks
- Edge/fog/cloud computing for ad hoc networks
- Machine learning (or AI) for ad hoc networks
- Performance modeling and analysis for ad hoc networks
- Tools to design, implement, and evaluate ad hoc network protocols
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
ADHOCNETS proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications
Additional publication opportunities:
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.